Like everybody else, "I don't usually do these things, but..." and then you list the reason why you're willing to do it just this one time. I'm doing it just this one time because it seems like a good place to introduce myself to my readers, who I assume are my brother and sisters and possibly my sister-in-law. My ego is not big enough to pretend that anybody else will ever take interest. Except for my new Best Friends, of course!
So here goes:
You're feeling: Fine, thanks! I've been incredibly sick this week and am VERY happy to be on the mend.
To your left: Half Bath. I try to keep a Half Bath or Full Bath on hand at all times.
On your mind: Our pork roast dinner that's on the barbie right now. Jay makes a mean pork roast. I take care of the fixins.
Last meal included: French Toast I made for Jay. I snuck a piece even though I didn't really want it.
You sometimes find it hard to: Get a comb through my hair.
The weather: Cloudy. No, Sunny. Wait!...cloudy. Nope, sunny again. No wait...
I live in Portland. Let me show you the pictures I just took on my Sunday car ride with Jay...

See what I mean?
Something you have a collection of: Used tissues
A smell that cheers you up: Freshly cut grass, rain on hot cement in the summer, the ocean
A smell that can ruin your mood: The dentist's officeHow long since you last shaved: 1 day. This was good timing. Any other day I wouldn't have answered this question.
The current state of your hair: Messy bedhead from last night. In other words, real big and real puffy.The largest item on your desk/workspace (not computer): Box of Jumbo Cat Pan Liners
Your skill with chopsticks: Not too shabby. Except I have to put them down every so often to massage out the cramps. Because I hang on TIGHT to those suckers. Maybe I need to downgrade my skill level.
Which section you head for first in a bookstore: The middle of the store where the staff has gone to the trouble of laying out all the books I need to read on little tables.
Something you're craving: Sushi, since we were talking about chop sticks. And the french toast was many hours ago.
Your general thoughts on the presidential race: I have no real options. It's like the time I voted for Ralph Nader, just to deny Bill the vote. Now it's worse. Can you imagine Slick Willie as the First Lady? He was bad enough in the White House when he had a big job to do. I just can't support him being in there with free time on his hands.
How many times have you been hospitalized this year: Zero
Favorite place to go for a quiet moment: The beach
You've always secretly thought you'd be a good: Member of the Ingalls family. I love adventure and the outdoors. I love Ma and Pa. I would have worn my dress and bonnet with a flourish. I would have helped Pa build the barn. And I would have put and end to that Nellie. Then I would have befriended her dad and had all the candy sticks I wanted.
Something that freaks you out a little: Very few things freak me out a little. I'm not a freaker outer. Flying freaks me out a LOT.
Here's why: Several years ago I was flying alone from SD to SLC to visit my family. We were on a very small prop plane. We had to fly into SLC through a horrific thunderstorm. We were bouncing and bumping and diving and pitching. We all had death grips on the back of the seat in front of us and more than one person cried out in fear. It finally got so bad, I knew we were going to die and I didn't want to die alone, so I frantically threw my hand over and grabbed the hand of the elderly lady sitting next to me. She was surpised but allowed me my hysteria. The only thing preventing me from crawling into her lap was my seat belt. The pilot finally aimed the nose of the plane at the ground and went for it. Like this:

Apparently that's some sort of fancy airplane maneuver that I was unaware of that pilots can do to escape inclement weather. I screamed loudly and almost broke the ladies hand. Like this:

When we landed I was embarrased to still be alive. I also cried all the way to my sister's house.
Something you've eaten too much of lately: Brach's Chicks and Rabbits
You have never: Told Michele if I've dropped/spilled something on her kitchen floor.
You never want to: Be a Rock Band Groupie. Too much competition, and I'm too jealous.

6 comments:
LOL...I always knew I would love your blog. I'm glad you finally have one for me to enjoy!
You are TOO funny!! I love it! And I'm aware at all times if something has been spilled on my floor even if it's hours after the perpetrator has committed such an act and tried to clean it up themselves.
Good use of google. Isn't this FUN????? Do you think Michele is jealous yet? Can't wait to read your next post. When is it?
OK, so welcome. Try not to get addicted. Oh wait, get addicted. you are in good company with Shauna and I. Welcome to the world of "how can I blog this?" Everything you now experience will be with blogger eyes. You need to put a picture of yourself on your profile. So does Shauna, actually.
They were right, you are amusing. Paige is really bossy, huh? Make sure you get statcounter so you can be even more obsessed with yourself. The fun never stops.
OK, I have never been so offended! You've had a blog for over a month...A MONTH and didn't tell me about it. I always knew your blog would be very entertaining. Oh..by the way...HAPPY BIRTHDAY (still slightly offended :)
Post a Comment