
Today Jay and I saw Young @ Heart. Jay gave it an 8.5 and I have it a 9.
Like the movie poster says, this movie is both hilarious and heartbreaking. It's a documentary about Bob Cilman, the director of a senior choir, and the people he directs. He takes this ever evolving group of 70-, 80-, and 90-something year olds and gives them something to be excited about and live for - literally. And that makes him my hero. At the moment, I'm madly in love with Bob for the amazing work that he does with these people.
I laughed a lot, I blubbered more than once, and the rest of the time, I couldn't stop smiling. And for those of you keeping score at home, Jay shed not one tear. I don't get it. He'll cry at ANY movie, including Spiderman, but not this one. Jen, I know you're a Senior Lover, and I think you're going to like this a lot.
These people sing their hearts out and are SO fun to watch. As I watched the movie I thought a lot about old(er) age, and I seriously hope that I am as active and motivated as these folks are in their old age. It doesn't stop them one bit. That's how I wanna be. Well, that and rich.
So I hope you see this movie, and as soon as you do, you HAVE to tell me if you loved it. There are some great clips on youtube of the performances, but you should see the movie first so it doesn't spoil it for you.

3 comments:
Ellen had them on her show a few weeks ago. They're really funny. I didn't know there was a movie about them though. I'm excited to see it!
I AM a senior lover, lover of seniors... I'll let you know when I've seen it. I should blog about some funny moments I had with seniors when I worked with them.
Jen, you should totally blog about your seniors. They are the funniest. They're as funny as teaching the Sunbeams, only in reverse!
Post a Comment