Monday, April 14, 2008

E-I-E-I-O!


My sister Shauna is in town this week with her two girls, Sabine (2) and Sarah (1).

Sabine in the Petting Zoo
They are staying with her husband's family on the other side of town, so I did my best to hog them the whole weekend while I had free time. I also get Shauna tomorrow afternoon. Just me and her. Jay has kindly offered to babysit her girls while Shauna and I have some fun.

Sarah Being Cute
On Saturday we went to the zoo. On any given day, I'm the last person you'll find volunteering for the zoo, because I end up in tears every time. But I couldn't resist this time with The Girls and fortunately a good time was had by all. The weather was amazing. It was the most beautiful day we've had this spring. The animals entertained, especially the polar bears.
Sabine and Sarah had a great time seeing all the animals, and Shauna and I were able to procure some cotton candy which helped me to get through the traumatizing caged animal part.
Sarah was hilarious as she spent the entire day laughing and pointing at every animal and yelling, "Hi, EIO!!"
She calls all animals EIO's and was completely delighted with every single one. She got chuckles from other parents as the rhino would walk into view and she'd shriek and yell, "HI, EIO!!" I got a kick out of it the entire day. That alone made the day worth it for me.

After the zoo, we came back to our house for a yummy dinner that Jay cooked for us. It took Sabine and Sarah about 10 minutes to completely redecorate my mother-in-law's house. Nothing got broken so she handled it in stride.
Sabine and Jay

Sarah's New Hat


3 comments:

Shauna said...

Those kids are tooooooooo cute. I sat here and oohed and ahhed over them like I've never seen them before. I LOVE this post. It made my day. Really.

Anonymous said...

I laugh out loud everytime at "Hi EIO"......very cute!

Cathy said...

That sounds so fun! What a great day. Those two are so funny! I love that age....hey, and now I know what happened to Shauna!