This movie is hilarious. Except for the one scene where Steve Martin swears a blue streak. Other than that, it's my all time favorite. I've seen it more than a dozen times, and every single time I laugh at the same things and cry at the end. As soon as Del says, "Hello, Mrs. Page", at the end, it's all over for me. Shauna and I can quote the whole movie. Just so ya know.
Marissa Tomei and Joe Pesci are perfect in this movie. I quote from it all the time and I'm not a movie quoter. And Herman Munster's in it, so how can you go wrong?
Blade Runner is a very cool movie. The futuristic scenes are dark and thick and moody and the soundtrack is excellent. It's one of the best instrumental soundtracks I've ever heard, besides The Mission, with Robert DeNiro. Rutger Hauer is another good reason to watch this movie. His face is endlessly interesting to look at.
This whole movie is a funny spoof on Frankenstein, but the best thing about it is a scene at the end with Peter Boyle singing and dancing to Puttin' On The Ritz. I die laughing every time.
This movie makes me happy. I love every character in it. It's about how imperfect we all are, and how imperfect our relationships are, but somehow we find a way to make it work. The fantasy doesn't always happen, and most of the time, this is as good as it gets.
This is my guilty pleasure, because it's about Meryl Streep's character having an affair with Clint Eastwood's, which of course, she shouldn't. But it is so romantic and beautifully shot. I root for them the whole time, but then I hate that I'm rooting for them, but then I root for them some more. I love it.
Ah, Al Pacino. One of my favorites. I watch this movie again and again just to see one of the final scenes when Al makes a speech that makes me want to stand up and cheer. Al's an awesome actor. And I love his fluffy real life hair.
Who doesn't love Dirty Dancing? Anyone? This is the first movie I saw after my mission. I remember debating for a very long time about seeing a movie called "Dirty Dancing". I still had a rosy missionary puffy cloud around my head and thought, this isn't appropriate for missionaries, is it? Michele talked me into it. Michele's like that.
Jay and I saw this last year and we LOVED it. It is so well made. I love music movies and this is one of the best. I don't usually clap, cheer or otherwise emote out loud in movies. But I had to sit on my hands and clamp my mouth shut at the end of one scene in order not to stand up and cheer. It's a perfectly told story.
Tom Hanks is one of the best. I don't like all of his movies, but sometimes he hits it perfectly. Like this time. I never get tired of watching his drama on the island, and his reunion that can't ever be with Helen Hunt. It's just so unfair! I also cry every time he loses Wilson. I can't stand his anguish.
This was an awesome movie. I just reviewed it a few days ago. I highly recommend it to everyone. I'm surprised how many people have told me they have never heard of it. I'm not sure it if has had a wide release to all theaters, or if it will stay in indie theaters, which is where we saw it. I was also struck in a nostalgic sory of way by the fact that when I was in Young Women's as a teenager, we used to go to the Burrwood Home for the Blind and sing oldtime songs to the residents there. And they LOVED it. They smiled real big and clapped along. We always visited with them afterwards and they would hold our hands and ooh and aah over us. And here it is in complete reverse, where these seniors are reaching out at the age of 90 and cheering up those around them. I love them for that.

5 comments:
Gobble, Gob...I mean good post. Where is "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels"????? Some of your favorites surprised me. Well I'm off to take my shower curtain rings, er, I mean my earrings out of my ears. Even if you're not laughing at my lame jokes, I'm busting a gut.
Young Frankenstein one of your favorites? I've never seen that one. And yes.....who doesn't want to dance the mambo with Johnny Castle?
I agree with Shauna, Dirty Rotten Scroundrels should be on your list. I have a lot of fav movies in common with you. Just the other night in fact Landen and I reenacted the "those aren't pillows!!!" scene. Just kidding, but we did talk about it and laugh.
Well, dirty dancing is like dirty, isn't it. And well dirty is kind of dirty. And if your clean you don't want to ge dirty do yah? And like dancing, who wants to get dirty dancing. I had enough of a problem getting girls to dance with me clean!
Kristin, the risk you run of having a guest blogger is being out-commented. Now you know. Blogging sucks sometimes.
Post a Comment