Chapter One
Losing a Part of Me

According to the information I've been seeing around, I've taken a 5 week hiatus from my blog.
In just one stunning second of one minute of one day nearly four weeks ago, life and death and family became much more rivetingly important than blogging could ever be.
We lost our dear dad quite suddenly and unexpectedly on August 18. I could go on forever about dad and missing him, but this isn't the place. I'm still working on moving forward from it. I love my dad with all my heart and I miss him dearly. He was a wonderful man, with an amazing, unconditional love for his children.
Losing Dad has overshadowed any desire I've had to post. I've tried, and I've had a hard time thinking of anything that is as important or as newsworthy as dad.
This is one of my favorite pictures of Dad with my brother Stephen and his son, Sam. He's really happy in this picture.

But after four weeks, it's probably time to jump back into life, so I've decided to give blogging a try. Just to see how it goes. Which leads us to...
Chapter Two
Finding a New Part of Me
Here's Who and What I've been, full time, for the past 3 weeks:
Here's who and what I haven't been:
a blogger
an exerciser
a wife
a house cleaner
a cook
a grocery shopper
a car washer
a bed maker
a dish washer
a laundry washer
a vacuumer
a hobby enjoyer
a sweeper
an attentive pet owner
a TV watcher
Jay has been all of those things and more. In addition to completely running our house for the past 4 weeks, Jay has popped out of bed every morning and packed me a nice lunch in a cooler that he stows in the front seat of my car. He does this so I can drag myself out of bed, take a shower, throw on some clothes that hopefully match, gobble some cereal or oatmeal and sprint out the door between 6:30 and 8:30, depending on the day.
I have attended school, done homework and slept for the past 3 weeks, Period. School consumes 14-16 hours a day. I had NO idea of this when I signed up for nursing school, or chances are I would have chosen another profession. Somehow this information didn't make it into any of the Nursing School Brochures I read. But rumor has it being a nurse is a great career - if you can survive the schooling.
Anwyay, what I AM now is a watcher of weeks, and I have now scrambled and clawed my way through 3 weeks of school and have 13 more to go this semester.
So, sorry to my fans (aka my sisters and brother) for the long gap. It's good to be back. If only I had time to blog about the craziness that is Nursing Lab. You have no idea...
2 comments:
You and I jumped back into the blogging world on the same day....cool! Welcome back!
Welcome back!! I missed you.
Post a Comment